Bugger Them, This is Ours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Date on the Beach

Go down

A Date on the Beach Empty A Date on the Beach

Post by Cad Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 am

((This was all that I could find of it D: And the formatting is all weird because FB messenger...))

Jack: stands up and brushes himself off, placing his thumbs in his pockets and following after the two out of curiosity

Eli: -oh no you don't -- catches her dog before he can bolt when he realises he's about to suffer the indignity of being cleanish, helpful and presentable, clipping his lead on in lieu of the muzzle going back on too-

Riddick: .___________________. -actually has the ability to sacrifice his dignity enough to whimper pathetically and in an attempt for sympathy, when the spray from the shower water starts re-drenching and thus un-stiffening his fur-

Jack: watches in amusement, leaning against a post/wall edge/doorframe (whatever happens to be there), arms crossed as he observes

Riddick: .____. no seriously he even droops his ears, uttering a drawn out whiney barking sound at one point

Eli: absolutely merciless, horrible creature she is, she doesn't even flinch at his misery, though she makes it quick as she can -- mostly because she's hungry and trying to avoid the temptation of hunger plus smell of fast food places near wharf -- until she's got him clean, tap turned off and muzzle back on Macho, my arse. -though she crinkles her nose at Jack rather than the dog before jerking her head so they continue on-

Jack: Pushes away from the wall/corner/whatever he was leaning on, still holding that amused smirk We all have our weaknesses...

Eli: Yes, and mine is perilously close at hand and I'm facing the enormous risk of binging as a result. Come on.

Jack: tilts his head in light confusion, but then the smell of food hits him, as well, and he nods and turns to head out of the showers area, waiting for her to lead the way

Eli: -wraps Riddick's leash around her wrist as she goes, shrugging her button up shirt back on so she's not walking LA basically in a sport's bra but hey you know, that tum does not come from letting herself binge constantly on Taco Bell and KFC-

Riddick: >> -slinking and convincingly sulking-

Eli: ...oh, before I forget, I should probably warn you that staying with me over any night the next week or so is potentially a bad idea. I risk having a 'surprise' guest.

Jack: looks over at her with a curiously raised brow The gay one? because he didn't really see the others he'd met as being the type to just show up unannounced

Eli: -SNORT- No, he's never a surprise anymore.
Jack: He was curious as to who it was, but he wasn't going to press for it if she didn't want to offer it up herself. Whoever it was didn't seem like they were a bother to her, based off of her tone, so he didn't see it as anything to worry about Hm. I'll keep that in mind.

Eli: ...the non commital tone tells me you don't particularly care, either way. -eyebrow raise-

Jack: there was a flicker of a smirk, though he kept his eyes forward as he walked I suppose.

Eli: -resists urge to roll eyes- Is that just your baseline personality, non-commital?

Jack: gains a thoughtful look Depends on the situation...and what I read from other people glances over at her

Eli: -this time, she does roll her eyes- Maybe you should throw it in and join the band of merry muppets at the precint, then.

Jack: light smirk I prefer running my own show. even if that *did mean most of it was cheating spouses, but then again even law enforcement had their own dredge to deal with*

Eli: ...it's not that bad, working with a team. Not when they're good.

Jack: I can see how it would be. Trouble is finding that good team. He wouldn't admit it outright, but he'd pretty much given up on that. There was only one that he seemed to work well with, and that was because each of them knew how not to step on the other's toes

Eli: -drawls- I used to get told this one thing by my therapist again and again and again. Real annoying word. Compromise. Or something.

Jack: harrumphs Compromise only works if both parties are amenable to it.

Eli: So you're screwed either way, then. -but she's actually teasing, as the tell tale dimple in her left cheek gives away, if you miss the brief flash of teeth-

Jack: glances over in time to catch the last portion of the flash and gives her a good-humored sidelong look Hah.

Eli: -you know, she's good enough at some things to know when to use different tactics, especially if he doesn't want to be verbally talkative when she's in a chatty mood for her. and so she quite happily gives Riddick more leash space, purely so she can amble more comfortably when her arm slips through Jack's and her head companiably finds his shoulder-

Jack: is legitimately surprised when she does this, stiffening just slightly as he looks over at her. He quickly relaxes, however, and places his hands comfortably in his pockets so the crook of his arm was more naturally bent for her and even allows a light, contented sigh.

Cad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum